We have fun in our great city year ‘round, but especially in the summertime. Since we have three lakes (Catherine, Hamilton and Ouachita) water sports is probably the number one activity guests enjoy during the summer. Every type of water sport imaginable is possible in our area. At our cozy Hot Springs inn we have regularly scheduled boat tours as well as private sunset tours. We also have a canoe (complimentary) and kayaks for rent. That just skims the surface of what Hot Springs has to offer our guests during the warm weather season.
We have more summer events than we can mention in our blog, but our 10 favorites are:
- “Enchanted Forest” An Art Installation by W. Gary Smith at Garvan Gardens from May through spring of 2017
- 5th Annual $86,000 Hot Springs Fishing Challenge May 1 – July 31 on Lakes Catherine and Hamilton
- Crystal Falls Water Park Annual Reopening at Magic Springs May 7 through the summer
- 3rd Annual Hot Springs Craft Beer Festival 6-9 p.m. May 21 at Hot Springs Convention Center
- Pocket Theatre production of “Seeing Stars in Dixie” June 3-12 at The Pocket Theatre
- Hot Springs Music Festival June 5-18 at various venues throughout Hot Springs
- 4th Annual Tinkerfest June 18 at Mid-America Science Museum
- Arkansas State Hog Rally June 22-23 at Hot Springs Convention Center
- July 4th Celebrations of Spa Blast in the Infield July 1st at Oaklawn Racing and Gaming. Hot Springs Fireworks July 2nd across Hwy 7 near the Clarion Hotel
- Jazz Fest Aug. 31-Sept. 5 at various venues throughout Hot Springs
For more information on these events and others visit www.hotsprings.org. Since these are our favorites at the Inn, many additional events in Hot Springs offer more opportunities for fun in the Spa City.
Anytime you are in Hot Springs during the summer months to enjoy water sports or special events, we’d love to have you round out your visit by staying at Lookout Point. Our beautiful Inn, situated on Lake Hamilton, provides views of the lake from every room. Enjoy a delicious freshly prepared breakfast in the relaxing dining room or outdoors on the terrace. Make reservations online or give us a call at 501.525.6155 and we’ll help you plan a Hot Springs summer vacation to remember.
*Promotions and events mentioned may no longer be active. Visit https://lookoutpointinn.com/hot-springs-vacation-packages.html to see current specials and events.