In honor of National Chocolate Cake Day on January 27, we are sharing one of our current favorite recipes here at Lookout Point: Lookout! Chocolate Cake.
The ingredients are listed on the recipe card to the right, but the directions will start right here:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Use the first set of ingredients (in black) to make the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix for 3 minutes with electric mixer. Stir in the coffee by hand. Pour evenly into two prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, use the second set of ingredients (in purple). Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in the cocoa and powdered sugar alternately with the milk, coffee, and vanilla. Beat to a spreading consistency.
- Split the layers of cooled cake horizontally cover the top of each layer with frosting, then stack them onto a serving plate. Frost the outside of the cake.
If this recipe interests you, consider enrolling in our very first Chocolate Covered Cooking Class on Feb. 7. You can learn more about this exciting opportunity by calling 501.525.6155. Enjoy your cake today!