1. You can enjoy the garden, described as an “idyllic getaway” in the Betters Homes and Gardens blog. It is the perfect way to start a day filled with outdoor activities. Don’t forget to lie in the hammocks to get a little sun!
2. Waiting for you on the boat dock, a canoe is itching to be out exploring Lake Hamilton. We’ll show you the life jackets and oars, and then you get to have a fun time paddling around the bay and islands.
3. If you’re interested in swimming in the lake, there are steps leading directly from the garden into the tranquil waters. We’ll provide the beach towels!
4. You can relax your mind by walking the labyrinth in our garden.
5. Hot Springs AR has lovely hiking trails, taking advantage of the lakes and the mountain scenery. Lookout Point is happy to give guests maps to the best spots.
6. Captain Ray gives boat tours of Lake Hamilton on his pontoon boat. There’s no better way for you to see the mansions lining Lake Hamilton or hear a little about the history of Hot Springs.
7. With plants catering to butterflies, you can take some amazing photographs of flowers and wildlife. Be sure to stop and smell the rose bushes and magnolia trees.
8. You can fish off the dock at the bottom of the hill. If you’d prefer to look at fish, there’s a pond by the waterfall with coy and goldfish, too!
9. For bird watchers, there are feeders outside the dining room. From cardinals and hummingbirds to ducks, birds stay active for guests to enjoy while eating breakfast or walking the garden. For those interested in catching sight of an eagle (which sometimes grace the area), binoculars are available for use.
10. The gardens are also a lovely spot to start another kind of big adventure—marriage. If you are thinking about Arkansas weddings, you can read more about our wedding packages here.
For even more options for an active vacation, check out Lookout Point’s Active Lifestyles packages. Call 501.525.6155 to start your Arkansas getaway today!