As the weather turns chilly in Hot Springs AR, I am looking forward to all my favorite winter activities. There’s nothing like frost on the grass in the morning or snow on the tree branches, but enjoying the winter chill takes a healthy combination of inside activities and outside adventures.
My Top Ten Favorite Winter Activities are:
- Enjoying hot chocolate by the fire – Whether in the packets, using a homemade mix, or melting chocolate on the stove, there is no way to go wrong with watching the light of the fire flicker while enjoying a beverage that warms you on the inside as well.
- Baking cookies—I am especially fond of sugar cookies as the holidays roll around. But if you’d like to enjoy the cookies without the work, you can always eat the cookies at our Innkeeper’s Reception.
- Cozy up in the garden—Put on your cutest mittens (because you can only wear those in winter!), coat, and hat and explore the garden. Lake Hamilton is so tranquil in winter, and you’ll want to take it all in to help your relaxing getaway.
- Take a bubble bath—Bubbles and hot water and a relaxing bath! Oh my!
- Play board games or finish a jigsaw puzzle—The view from the sunroom can’t be beat, except if you’re spending your time beating your traveling companion in a rousing board game.
- Drive and see festive lights—You can always enjoy a brisk walk through Garvan Woodland Gardens and enjoy the holiday lights, but you can also drive through the residential areas in Hot Springs and see how locals celebrate the season.
- Watch your favorite movies in flannel pajamas—It’s a Wonderful Life is only made better when you can watch it from the comfort of a luxurious bed (like the ones in our rooms at Lookout Point) in your favorite pjs.
- Make holiday decorations with your family or friends—The best cards and presents are homemade, so the more memorable decorations should be the same way! Plus, it’s a great way to get quality time with family or friends while exercising your creative side. You can get some ideas from our Pinterest board.
- People watch at your favorite coffee shop—This is the best of both worlds! You can enjoy a hot beverage while watching holiday cheer all around you. My favorite spot for this in Hot Springs is Java Primo. (Their Chai Lattes are incredible!)
- Curl up with a good book—If you read your favorite book from your childhood, you’ll get a tinge of nostalgia with your holiday cheer. Don’t forget to use a warm blanket!
If you’d like to enjoy these activities during your own winter getaway at our Arkansas Bed & Breakfast, you can reserve your stay online or call 501.525.6155. We’ll keep the hot water on standby for your hot chocolate!