Summer reminds us of all the activities in Hot Springs AR that are great to enjoy with a kid (or as a kid at heart!). Here are ten of our favorite kids activities in the area:
10. Cutwell for Kids – On the first Saturday of every month, Cutwell 4 Kids (a non-profit organization) hosts a program at Maurice Bathhouse to allow kids to paint and create. Materials are provided to give kids an equal chance to express themselves artistically. It’s a great way to take in the history of downtown Hot Springs while creating something new. Plus, you can always follow it up with a cupcake from Fat Bottomed Girl’s Cupcakes!
9. Mid-America Science Museum – A great option for a rainy day or an inside activity, MASM has wonderful, engaging exhibits designed to spark your scientific understanding. Learn new things through observation and discovery at the newly renovated Smithsonian Affiliate.
8. Magic Springs & Crystal Falls – This amusement park has two sides–one dedicated to rides and the other to a water park. Both offer numerous fun attractions for the whole family to enjoy.
7. Hiking – Especially good for summer mornings, hiking is a great way to experience the outdoors and find new pockets of adventure. Our favorite trails are at Lake Catherine, which also has a waterfall for you to enjoy.
6. Lookout Point Cooking School for Kids – The Lookout Point Cooking School class for kids, which usually takes place in July, is a fun way for kids to learn basic kitchen skills, eat some tasty food, and spend a day making something in the kitchen. You can learn more about what’s in store for this year’s class (on July 25) on our website.
5. Movies at the Market – Each Thursday during the summer, Hot Springs hosts a free movie night at the Farmers Market. The movies are all family friendly, and there are snacks available for purchase. Check out the whole schedule.
4. Crystal Digging – Like going on a treasure hunt, digging for crystals gives kids the opportunity to discover souvenirs for themselves. Ron Coleman’s Crystal Mind, where the Inn recommends you dig, also has zip lining for the adventurous ones!
3. Maxwell Blade Theatre of Magic – Maxwell Blade creates a magic show that’s entertaining for all ages. With equal parts of comedy and illusion, this show is a great way to spend an evening in Hot Springs National Park.
2. Food Truck Fridays – Make Friday the Fun Day by trying different kinds of foods downtown at the Farmers Market. With so many tasty options to choose from, you are sure to enjoy the fun atmosphere and music as much as you like the food.
1. Water Activities – There are five lakes around Hot Springs, including Lake Hamilton which our Hot Springs Bed & Breakfast is located on. Enjoy the lake with swimming, fishing, going on a boat tour with Captain Ray, or even canoeing in the Lookout Point canoe.
If you’d like help creating a great getaway for your family, stay at Lookout Point, where you can start each day with a gourmet breakfast. You can reserve your stay online or call 501.525.6155 for more information.