As we prepare for a full house for Thanksgiving in Hot Springs, AR with our guests at the Inn, Ray and I are reminded of the many points of gratitude in our lives. We tend to live as people of gratitude, recognizing most days that life is such a surprising journey and the best response is gratitude. So here are our Top 6 Gratitude List. You might want to create your own Gratitude List this Thanksgiving.
6. Our Lookout Point Guests. We say it often: “We have the best guests in the whole world!” Interesting, kind, loving, funny and sometimes quirky. Our guests make for quite memorable times, and we are grateful!
5. The Scenic Setting of Lookout Point on Lake Hamilton. Every single day that we serve breakfast, and look at the view that many of our guests are seeing for the first time, we are grateful for such serene calm. The still water reflecting the morning sun, the mountains in the distance, birds singing, and the splendid colors join together to exclaim: our Creator designed a masterpiece. We never take this setting for granted!
4. The Dynamism of Hot Springs. This small city that offers diversity of experiences–from world class performing arts, restaurants and botanical gardens to the challenging outdoor sports of mountain biking, hiking and water sports. Living in Hot Springs is never dull! We are grateful to the progressive leaders such as Jim Fram and Steve Arrison seeking to move the city to greater heights.
3. Good People With Whom to Work. All of us have worked in unhappy situations, and so we deeply appreciate the great team of 10 people that work together at Lookout Point. Every person cares deeply about our guests’ comfort, and breathe hospitality. Tricia, Robin, Tiffany, Jenna, Sonja, Maria, Elena, Antonia, Rufina, Leticia and Sky: words are inadequate to express our abiding gratitude and joy in sharing work with you.
2. Friends and Family. We are brought to tears, fortunate to have a few very dear friends and a family that shares life, laughter and love at every opportunity. We are humbled by the goodness of these most precious relationships.
1. Faith that sustains, always.