Give thanks. Live in gratitude. These simple messages, if lived out, would make our world a much better place. So here’s my list of gratitude at this time of Thanksgiving. I understand that the only person that I can control is myself, so my hope is that you will be inspired to give thanks and live in gratitude.
- God’s grace, that does not require perfection, just love.
where I am touched by God’s good grace every time I am in their presence. They put the “flesh” on God for me.
- Friends near and far, who accept our crazy lifestyle as innkeepers, and love us anyway.
- The team that creates the magic of Lookout Point–including the Innkeepers, housekeepers, the gardener, the fix-it guy, and the painter. You are all amazing!
- Our guests, who are the best guests in the whole world. Thank you for appreciating Lookout Point, and being so kind.
- Utility workers, such as electricity linemen, gas guys, plus cable and phone technicians. After last week without service, we are especially grateful to people working around the clock and in bad weather to ensure service!
- The joy of living in a beautiful location, with lakes, trees and mountains.
Since Ray and I are working on Thanksgiving, we celebrated with our family earlier. This year we each wrote on a notecard what we are thankful for, and then sealed it in an envelope with our name on the outside. Next year, we’ll hand out the cards, and remind ourselves of past events filled with gratitude. Even the young kids participated.
Happy Thanksgiving you all of you!