March 25th, 2014 by
Just as the weather begins to get warmer in Hot Springs National Park, making you long for summer on Lake Hamilton, the Spa City Blues Society is ready to satisfy your craving! On April 19th, they are hosting The 5th Greatest Lobster Party Ever in the Downtown Farmers Market.
The party will feature lobster tail—live, cooked, or frozen. In addition, guests will be able to take their lobster with them (carry-out) or eat at the Lobster Party. With the Spa City Blues Society at the helm, there will be live music for you to enjoy while eating, as well as beer and wine. It’s sure to be a party you won’t want to miss!
Although the party is on the 19th from 4-7:00pm, the last day to get your order in for the delicious lobster is April 11th. For those that want to enjoy the party but not the lobster, there are also sausage plates available.
Don’t forget to add a stay at Lookout Point to your plans. Each of our rooms has a view of Lake Hamilton, as well as a gourmet breakfast in the morning and a luxurious bed for relaxing in the evening. You can reserve your room online or call 501.525.6155 for more information.
To order your lobster meal, visit the Spa City Blues Society website.
March 16th, 2014 by
If you’re hoping to get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day in Hot Springs National Park, we have made a list of the Top 3 Places to Enjoy Beer near the parade site downtown.
- Last fall, the Superior Bathhouse Brewery & Distillery opened its newly renovated doors to showcase its beer tasting area. The historic bathhouse is an ideal spot for watching Central Avenue or taking in the scenery of downtown. They have a great selection of beer (with their own brew, Vapor Valley Spirits, set to debut later this year), and the staff is very knowledgeable about the different beer options. And bonus, the food is excellent, too!
- This bar is known for its Al Capone affiliations, but today The Ohio Club is filled with blues music and a smiling crowd. It is the oldest bar in Arkansas, with a wood frame bar back and intricate carvings of mermaids and horses. The setting in a turn of the century building steeps into the atmosphere. You can enjoy a different side of history as you savor a beer at the mahogany bar.
- Set in a cellar in Spencer’s Corner, which is incredibly close to the parade location, Steinhaus Keller is well-known for its collection of German beers. You can sit in their Biergarten and enjoy live entertainment while you sip your brew.
If you are visiting Hot Springs, AR for your spring getaway, be sure to book your room at our bed and breakfast on Lake Hamilton and enjoy a gourmet breakfast in the morning. You will be pampered for an evening of fun on the town, and we’ll be excited to hear about your adventures exploring breweries in Arkansas! Reserve your room online or call 501.525.6155 for more information.
March 11th, 2014 by
Beautiful views at Oaklawn
For the entire week leading up to the Arkansas Derby, race fans are treated to exciting days during the Racing Festival of the South. With apple trees in blossom (hence the Apple Blossom Race on Friday, April 11), it’s a gorgeous site for fast tracks and beautiful horses. Winners of the Arkansas Derby move on to the Kentucky Derby, and historically we’ve seen some amazing horses at the Arkansas Derby.
Besides cheering the races, you’ll have fun people watching. Hats of all shapes and sizes will be sported! Plus visit the paddock to see the horses up close, and marvel at the ferocious strength packed into the small-statured jockeys.
Of course, you may want to make some money on the races. Here are Kristie’s sure-fire tips for betting: 1) Always bet on Calvin Borel. Of course, he doesn’t always win but I sure respect this jockey! 2) If Calvin’s not racing, bet on the female jockey. Yep, she doesn’t always win either, but women jockeys are so new and rare that I like to root for them. 3) The grey horse.
These tips are sure to cost you some money, but you might just break even and call it a good day of entertainment.
We’d love to welcome you to our Hot Springs bed & breakfast inn during the races! The inn is just a few minutes from Oaklawn, and we’ll assist with other tips, dining reservations, and pamper you during your stay.
March 2nd, 2014 by
Seas of Tulips
As the weather heats up, the daffodils and hyacinths at Garvan Woodland Gardens will be joined by friends—the tulips! With over 130,000 blooms planted for this year’s event, the tulips are sure to be a breathtaking sight.
The Extravaganza officially begins on March 19 in the botanical gardens, and it continues for a little over a month. Before it ends in April, the tulips will be joined by beautiful azaleas and dogwood blossoms, both of which are lovely reminders of the new beginnings taking place in Spring. The actual dates that the tulips bloom depends on the weather (it’s been a cold winter, after all!), but regardless, you will definitely see some beautiful flowers when you visit.
Lookout Point is only a few minutes away, so reserve your stay at our Hot Springs Bed & Breakfast online to see the Gardens in all their glory. You could plan to take advantage of our March special, too; when you stay 3 weeknights, you receive admission for two to the Gardens for free! Give us a call for more information at (501).525.6155.
February 26th, 2014 by
Calling all mathematicians! Celebrate the constant of Pi with a romantic twist at Lookout Point. Each year, March 14 is set aside as a tribute to the constant number of Pi. This year, if you would like to honor your own relationship and its infinite possibilities, consider taking advantage of a special Pi Day Wedding Giveaway.
The giveaway is for a Sapphire Elopement. To keep the Pi spirit, the ceremony will take place on Pi Day, March 14, at 1:40pm; it will include three participants in the ceremony—the two people getting married and the minister who officiates the ceremony. Since Pi is used to calculate the circumference of a circle, the blessing of the rings will be especially poignant!
Elopements are the perfect, intimate way to start a lifetime commitment to your beloved. After the ceremony in our picturesque garden, you can enjoy a champagne toast by the waterfall. To remember your experience, you can take the flutes home with you as a souvenir. Your personalized ceremony will be a memory that you will never forget!
To receive this offer, be the first to call 501.525.6155 and reserve your wedding. If you would like to add a stay at out Hot Springs Bed & Breakfast, we would love to help you plan your romantic getaway.
February 23rd, 2014 by
Tiffany and I had so much fun leading the Chocolate Covered Cooking Class before Valentine’s Day that we have already scheduled the next class for Saturday, March 29 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Eggstreme Eggs. This time we’ll have recipes and tips on making delicious protein-packed egg recipes just in time to create new dishes for your Easter brunch. Guests rave about our breakfasts, so here’s your chance to learn how we make the magic!
Cooking School at Lookout Point
Hands on learning
The Cooking School includes hands-on learning techniques starting with the basics of poaching and boiling eggs; preparing the recipes together as a class; sharing cooking tips, the best kitchen tools to use and information about ingredients. We promise you’ll have fun and take home new skills.
The Eggstreme Egg class also features two of the Inn’s breakfast egg dishes, including an omelette roulade with hollandaise sauce and a frittata. We’ll also bake meringue cookies with the egg whites left from hollandaise sauce. Yum!
The cost for the class is $50 person, or $40 if you stay for the weekend at the Inn. In addition to the class, you’ll be treated to the lunch that prepare, samples to take with you and a gift bag with Lookout Point goodies.
We’d love to have you come for the Cooking School and extend your stay through the weekend. After class, there will be plenty to keep you entertained in Hot Springs with the Oaklawn races and spring flowers, including the Tulip Extravaganza blooming at Garvan Gardens.
Call us at (501) 525.6155 to reserve your spot in the Eggstreme Eggs Cooking School and/or to stay with us for the weekend. We’ll be happy to help you plan your Hot Springs Getaway weekend.
February 20th, 2014 by
When daffodils start blooming, spring is drawing near. All this winter weather has families excited to plan for their Arkansas Spring Break, a time in which the weather will be a bit warmer and the flowers starting to show their colors.
Each year, Hot Springs marches spring in with a celebration on St. Patrick’s Day, March 17. The First Ever 11th Annual World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade features marching bands, leprechauns, unique floats, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, and Irish Elvis impersonators. The Celebrity Grand Marshal for 2014 is Jim Belushi, so there will be plenty of laughs, too. This quirky parade always has a surprise planned, so come paint the town green and discover the magic!
While you are in town for the parade, you can enjoy a show at Maxwell Blade’s Theater of Magic, stroll through the flowers at Garvan Woodland Gardens, paddle around Lake Hamilton in the Lookout Point canoe, and eat some delicious dessert at Fat Bottomed Girls Cupcakes. That’s just the beginning!As you plan your spring getaway, remember that the Lakeview Terrace Condo is perfectly suited for families, with a 36-foot deck and a spacious, relaxing interior. Reserve your stay at our lakeside bed and breakfast in Hot Springs, AR online or call 501.525.6155 for more information. We’d love to help you plan your vacation!
February 15th, 2014 by
Hooray! The daffodils are blooming in our garden! What a wonderful reminder that spring is actually coming. Every winter when I’m worn out with the cold, that first burst of color and bloom in our gardens makes me believe once again in the hope of renewed life with the arrival of springtime.
Garvan Gardens, a short drive from the Inn, also has a few early daffodil bloomers with more to come with the warmer weather. Feb. 15-March 15 is the official Daffodil Days at the Gardens. Check out their facebook page for posts on the daffodils as they emerge.
When the flowers are in full bloom, Daffodil Hill at Garvan Gardens is a spectacle to behold. The color and variety of the first signs of spring is certainly worth a trip to our Hot Springs bed & breakfast. We’ll provide maps and tips to make your stay extraordinary.
This is a perfect opportunity to plan a getaway to our bed and breakfast in Hot Springs, AR while you’re taking in some of the spring flowers in our area. Our guests enjoy spending time in our gardens, walking the labyrinth, napping in the hammock or reading a book on the balconies and patios outside each room. It’s also fun to take the canoe out to enjoy the peace and tranquility on Lake Hamilton.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that daffodils begin blooming right around Valentine’s Day. There is certainly a lot of love in the air, and we’re celebrating the new joy all around us. Make reservations online or call us at 501.525.6155 and we’ll help you plan your Arkansas getaway.
February 11th, 2014 by
In honor of Valentine’s Day and the Month of Love, here is a list of our Top Nine Romantic Spots in Hot Springs National Park. These would be great spots to keep in mind if you’re planning a proposal!
- Garvan Woodland Gardens: If you forgot the flowers, you can take your beloved on a walk through 210 acres of them! Not only will you enjoy the scenery, but you’ll appreciate the private forest setting and gorgeous smells of the blooms.
- The Grand Promenade: The Promenade above the historic Hot Springs district is a lovely brick path with red benches for walkers to rest. It makes for a picturesque setting for a romantic stroll.
- Boat Rides on Lake Hamilton: Use the calming waters of Lake Hamilton as a peaceful, private setting for your romantic moment. You can take a sunset boat tour with Captain Ray, rent a boat, or paddle out in the Lookout Point canoe.
- Mountain Tower Overlook: While you look down at the beauty of Hot Springs AR, take an instant to luxuriate in the view with your dearest. A breathtaking view is always an amazing backdrop for a romantic moment.
- Luna Bella: With an intimate atmosphere and attentive service, Luna Bella is the best restaurant in town for an exquisite meal with your darling. The food is beautifully presented, and it tastes even better!
- Lake Catherine or Gulpha Gorge: For a hiking adventure, and privacy among the beauty of nature, a trip to Lake Catherine State Park or Gulpha Gorge is the perfect solution! You could hike by the waterfalls at Lake Catherine or near the stream at Gulpha Gorge and never tire of the view. If you really want to kick it up a notch, try packing a romantic picnic lunch to enjoy while on your hike.
- Lookout Point Lakeside Inn: Lounge in the hammocks by the water and look at the stars. Walk on the path in the garden. Relax in the whirlpool tub in your room. Snuggle by the fire. Eat a delicious breakfast served by joyful innkeepers. From the moment you step inside the door, Lookout Point is a little slice of paradise designed to pamper guests with a peaceful retreat.
- Arlington Park: See the hot springs as they flow into the fountain in Arlington Park. The green space in front makes for a lovely setting for an afternoon of reading under the shade of a tree. With the Superior Brewery next door, you could make it an afternoon adventure!
- Carriage Ride through Downtown: Horse-drawn carriage rides are always a lovely option for a bit of romance. Ride through the historic district and recreate some of the most romantic moments of all time. You can snuggle up and take in the sights with your beloved.
If you would like to add a stay at our Hot Springs Bed & Breakfast to your romantic getaway this month, you can reserve your stay online or call (501) 525.6155. We wish you all the joy of family and friends during the Month of Love!
February 2nd, 2014 by
This February, celebrate all the love in your life with a getaway at Lookout Point. You can enjoy the gorgeous views of Lake Hamilton from your room, eat a scrumptious breakfast in the dining room, sit by the fire in the sitting room, and drink a glass of wine or tea while exploring the library.
And to honor the month of love, the Inn is offering a special discount on the decadent Great Romance Package. The romance begins as soon as you enter your room—with champagne, a cheese and cracker basket, and a dozen roses awaiting you. Later, you can enjoy the spa basket of goodies in your whirlpool tub. After eating a gourmet breakfast the next morning, you can explore Hot Springs, like the Mountain Tower Overlook, or relax with a couple’s massage.
The next two days of your trip will be filled with a peaceful atmosphere; you can walk through the gorgeous Garvan Woodland Gardens, eat at a local restaurant with your dining certificate, or shop for antiques and unique finds in the shops in Spa City. To remember your stay, you will take souvenir champagne flutes home, as well as some tranquil memories.
If you would like to rejoice with the loved ones in your life, reserve your stay at our Hot Springs bed & breakfast online or by calling 501.525.6155501.525.6155. We would love to help you create the perfect relaxing getaway!